Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hershey Kisses :)

{Thursday, August 9, 2012}
I slept in as long as I could Thursday morning and I spent much of my time listening to a recording of the Hunger Games on Youtube. Since I started the first book in the Barns & Noble on Monday, I had been finding time slots here and there to listen to the series on Youtube. It would not be my first choice, I would much rather be holding a book in my hand, but considering I did not have a choice in getting to a library anytime soon, and that I had lots of free time, I utilized my resources. I had finished the first two books and was only a couple chapters into Mocking Jay.

Around 2:30 p.m. Leah (from the singles ward) picked me up and we headed to Hershey, Pennsylvania. We chatted on the car ride there, and I enjoyed her company. I wished I had longer to spend time with everyone from the ward. They are such a lively and accepting group. Time is a luxury that I did not have.

 Once we arrived, we first visited Chocolate World. Inside is an amusement ride all about how the chocolate is made. The best part was the reoccurring singing cows. They provided a lot of amusement for me as they sang their songs about chocolate.
 After the ride everyone was given a free sample of chocolate. The thought crossed my mind to go again, don't worry, I didn't. Inside Chocolate World there was a gift shop, a station to create your own candy bar wrappers, and a cafeteria.

 Leah and I decided that it would be nice to get a treat. We purchased some fudge for later, and an ice cream sundae for the moment. It was delicious. I think there was just as much whipped topping as there was ice cream. Of course this was a brilliant idea to down all of this just before going outside to the amusement park.
I found the world's largest Hershey's bar!
It has a net weight of 5 lbs!

When we had nearly made ourselves sick, we ventured out to see what the amusement park had to offer. The weather was a bit temperamental and there was a warning that some serious rain showers were coming in. People were flooding out of the park, as many of the rides had been shut down. We waited outside to find out if it would be worth our time and money to get in. I don't recall how long we waited (maybe an hour?) to hear if the entire park was going to be closed, but since the stormed looked like it was just going to be dark clouds looming ominously in the distance, the rides started opening again.

We risked it and paid our way in. Unsure of the amount of time we would have, we hit the biggest rides first. It was fun! We also counted it a blessing that so many people had already left for the day, so it wasn't very crowded at all. We strategically made our way around to the best rides until the weather turned threatening once again.

As it got late, we found a little karaoke recording place.  You basically could choose a song and go into a recording room and sing to the song and get a copy of the CD when you were finished. It had a whole bunch of popular songs that you could choose from and it sounded like a lot of fun. Leah talked me into doing it, and soon we were recording for the song Bubbly by Colbie Caillat. It was a lot of fun and definitely an experience that I am glad I took part of. I don't know if I'd ever do it again, but I enjoyed it that once. I made sure that Leah autographed my CD just for good measure. :)

I am so grateful I had the chance to make memories and have fun. I did things I normally wouldn't do, and I loved it. I need to branch out more to try new things at least once, even if I'm bad at it. It can provide entertainment in the moment, and fond memories for later. It was a good day in Hershey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment