Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Sunday

Another Sunday, come and gone,. Luckily for me, I avoided riding the MTA yet again. It's not that I do not want to ride the MTA after my first experience, it is just that I have not absolutely needed to and I have better strategies to try out when I ride next time. I think that will help me to feel better prepared. Another summer intern picked me up for church. I am really having my luck of the draw. 


Since it was Father's Day (I love you Dad! Everyone else: don't worry, I did call him and talk to him personally on Sunday), the sisters were putting together little treats for the guys --- even though none of them are fathers, yet. Well, I got to church early, and I helped put together the treats. 


The tops of white envelopes were cut off and one side was cut and folded over like a collar. A tie cutout in colored paper was taped below the collar and a Hershey's chocolate bar was inserted in the envelope --- peeking over the edge of the collar. (I actually got to take one home too because they had extras but not enough for every girl, so the girls that helped out got one as well. YEA! Chocolate!)

After church, Natalie invited me to join her and her family at her sister's house, a couple blocks away, for dinner. It was nice to be able to enjoy sitting down with a family for dinner. Natalie's parents and younger brother came as well. The food was wonderful and the company was entertaining. Guess what else? They love the movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and quote it frequently! (I think you would like them a lot, Mom!)

Since it was the 200th year anniversary of the War of 1812, the city had gotten the Blue Angels to come to Baltimore. Just before dinner, we enjoyed an air show --- rather noisy, but very spectacular --- from the Blue Angels on the roof-top deck.

As a side note, can I just say that I really like the idea of a deck that it above your roof? It is a clever use of space considering what little is given in a city. Baltimore buildings seem to be really small on the outside, or even immediately inside, but what I have begun to notice is how long and tall everything is to compensate for it. Houses and restaurants alike, continue backward and upward of the front door. What appears to be small at first, turns out to be a pleasant surprise.

Another thing I have noticed is how sore I feel. I think I am exhausted from going to the beach, but it is hard for me to take that in: how can I be tired from relaxing and a long car ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment