Sunday, June 24, 2012

staggered thoughts

This week after a PCR, I think, Kristin needed some information in my lab book and she told me that my notes were very thorough. That made me happy; how often does your superior (I'm not really sure what Kristin is to me --- a fellow student? In any case, she has been here longer than me and knows more than I do) tell you that they like the way you take notes when you have been there less than a month? Well, it happened for me . . . .


Also, I have been having a desire to run . . . what? Did I really just disclose that? Yes, I want to get out and do something active. I think I could use some exercise; it really makes me feel better. I have talked to a couple of people about running around Patterson Park, and I think that would be a good option for me. I just have not gone running yet. In the afternoon it gets so hot that I do not want to go out to exercise. 


I have been told that as long as it is light when I go, I should be just fine. We will see if I end up running . . . or maybe it might just be one of those things that I talk about but never end up doing. 

In other news: I made my way back over to Safeway to buy groceries again. I need to find some recipes that make simple meals because, let's face it, I have minimal ingredients for the summer and I am not about to stock up a kitchen's worth of things I can not use before I leave. 


This post is already summing up several random things; it's like adding terms without checking that they have the same units first. Oh well, I guess while I am doing it, I better get it all out. 


I have been contemplating whether I should get my hair cut. This is a continuous decision that girls have to make, so guys relax, this happens. I decided on a "maybe, yes" to cut my hair. I mean, it is summer and it will get hotter, and I probably will cut it before this fall semester, so I might as well enjoyed the shorter length while I am in the heat anyway. 


Now I just have to find a place that will cut my hair for cheap. So until then, I will probably complain about it or talk about cutting my hair for some time. 


Recently, Natalie introduced me to a T.V. series called the Dollhouse. She owns it, so we have been watching episodes in the evenings when it gets dark outside and before we go to bed. I have really enjoyed having our little girl's nights. 


It is ironic that I start watching a show right after I ended up telling a girl in the lab how much I dislike T.V. I did not grow up with it, so I prefer reading much more. Anyway, I expressed a few feelings of dislike, and the next thing I know, I am enjoying a series. Insert foot in mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment